Audience and Classroom Response System for the Web
If you don't find what you are looking for, shoot us an email at The Help Center. We'll promptly answer your question and may even add it to this page to the benefit of others.
- VIDEO Getting Started (5:53 - Quicktime / YouTube) - This video will help you get started with QuestionPress.
- VIDEO Live, Asynchronous, and Polling (3:30 - Quicktime / YouTube) - Watch this video to learn the difference between the three session types.
- How It Works - This general overview explains how QuestionPress works.
- How can I make it easy for responders to navigate to the Responder's Interface?
- What happens if a responder doesn't answer a question?
- What happens if a responder enters a session that is already in progress?
- Can a responder answer the same question more than once?
- Why do all my iPod's show the same responder name?
- VIDEO Security (2:16 Quicktime / YouTube) - How to make QuestionPress more secure when needed.
- How do I allow multiple users to respond on one device?
- What is the Session Security Code and how does it work?
- What is a "guided" session?
- What is a "self-paced" session?
- How do I edit questions and answers on the fly and what does that do?
- How do I view the results of a question and share those with my responders?
- What does it mean to "Close Enrollment" and how does that work?
- How do I delete responders?
- How do I censor responses that might be inappropriate?
- VIDEO Adding Images to Questions (2:12 Quicktime / YouTube) - See how to add an image to a QuestionPress question.
- VIDEO Creating "Images as Answers" Problems (2:19 Quicktime / YouTube)
- What is a "Rate" problem?
- What is a "Sort" problem?
- What is a "Equation Editor" problem?
Question List Manager
- VIDEO What is the Question List Manager (3:20 Quicktime / YouTube) - See how to create a QuestionPress question list.
- How do I reorder questions?
- What happens if I edit or delete a question that I have already used in a session?
Connect to Your Learning Management System (LMS) Through LTI
- Instructions on Setting Up LTI/LMS Integration - Find the Key, Shared Secret, and Launch URL that will help you link QuestionPress to your LMS.
What happens if a responder doesn't answer a question?
Nothing special. The results only reflect those that answer the question. In a "guided" session the responder will catch up with presenter on the next click. top
What happens if a responder enters a session that is already in progress?
It depends on the type of session. If the session is guided by the presenter, then the responder will simply join in with the group. If the session is self-paced, the responder will start at the beginning of the question set and answer all of the questions. top
Can a responder answer the same question more than once?
Yes and No. In a responder-paced session there is an option that will allow the responder may go back and change their answer before they complete the session. In a presenter-paced session the responder cannot answer the same question twice or change an answer unless you choose to rerun a question. top
How do I allow multiple users to respond on one device?
When starting a new session, check the box labeled "Allow multiple enrollments on a single device." This feature is located in the Question List - Responder Self-Paced Questioning and is only available for responder self-paced question lists. This setting will be retained by QuestionPress for all subsequent self-paced sessions. top
What is the Session Security Code and how does it work?
The Session Security Code (SSC) is a self-designate word, phrase, number, or code that the responder must enter to enroll in the session. Creating a SSC helps prevent unwelcome responders to your session. It is recommended that you create a unique SSC for each session. For added security, you can "Close Enrollment" once you feel the appropriate responders have enrolled. top
What is a "guided" session?
A guided session is directly facilitated by the presenter. The responders must follow the pace and direction of the presenter. If a responder falls behind the group they will catch up with the group on the next click, possibly skipping some questions. At any time questions and answers can be altered and new questions can be added. A guided session is most useful during a group discussion type presentation. top
What is a "self-paced" session?
A self-paced session allows the responder to answer all of the question, one after another, at their own pace. The self-paced sessions are only available with a preselected list of questions from a question list or previous session. Questions and answers cannot be altered during a self-paced session and new questions cannot be added on the fly. The self-paced session is most appropriate for pre and post presentation questioning and assessment. top
How do I edit questions and answers on the fly and what does that do?
Once the question appears you can simply click on the "Edit" link. Once you edit the question or answers you can choose to reissue the question for the responders to answer again. top
What is a "Rate" problem?
Rate questions work on a scale from 0 to X (X being a integer of your choice between 3 and 10). A sample question might be, "Rate the quality of this project with 0 being low and 10 being perfect." top
What is a "Sort" problem?
Sorting questions allow the responders to sort a list of items by importance or personal preference. For example, "Sort the following list of US Presidents from most favorite to least favorite". Another example might have student choose the order in which they want to organize the semester. The results are displayed using a weighted system. top
What is a "Equation Editor" problem?
Equation Editor problems supply the responder with a small text box to enter in an equation in proper form. This text box responds to most LaTeX command and QuestionPress can autoscore it. top
How do I view the results of a question and share those with my responders?
To view results of a question click on the "Q1", "Q2", "Q3", etc link above each question in either the Current Session or in a Previous Session. The results will show up in a popup window but will not be delivered to the Responders until you click on "Share Results". The allows the presenter a chance to preview the results quickly before sharing them. If you refresh the results, you again have the ability to preview before sharing with the Responders' Interfaces. top
How do I censor responses that might be inappropriate?
In the Presenter's Account Current Session View you will see the icon next to the individual responses. By clicking on this icon you can delete just that particular response. You can also delete responses directly from the Short Answer Response list (list of responses). top
What does it mean to "Close Enrollment" and how does that work?
Closing enrollment means that no more individuals can enroll in that session. This is handy in keeping unwelcome responders from joining in. Enrollment can be reopened and closed as often as needed. top
How do I delete responders?
In the Current Session View you will see next to each responder's name. Deleting a responder will also delete all of that person's responses. top
How do I reorder questions?
In the Question List Manager you will see a link to Sort Questions. Click on that link and then simply drag and drop them into the desired order. top
What happens if I edit or delete a question that I have already used in a session?
Each session that utilized a question list makes a session specific copy of each question. Altering questions in the Questions List Manager will have no effect on previous instance of that question. top